Stizzosa

From the Italian: Stizzóso - 1) Irascible, bad tempered, peevish, testy. 2) Snarky.

I'm a Blog of the Day!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wow...something made me happy.


Like any Urban Hipster not living in a dark cave, I have seen the OK Go video for "Here it Goes Again". I chortled and promptly sent it to the part of my brain reserved for things my psyche decides I do not need, like my times tables and friend's birthdays. Over the course of the summer, I remained faithful to my other hipster obsession We Are Scientists (seriously, go to their website, they are so much smarter than Bono.)

However, upon my 10 millionth perusal of "Best Week Ever" (whew alot of name dropping today), I stumbled upon Ok Gos video again. And...I am obssesed.

For those of you unable or unwilling to be brought to YouTube by my link, the video unfolds thusly: Four guys on eight treadmills. Choreographed. They walk and jump and skip and so forth in such a way as to make one want to dial up QVC and put eight treadmills on finance and enjoy an afternoon of falling on one's face, happily losing teeth in an effort to be a fraction as cool. Ok Go, however, doesn't fall. The video is a single continuous shot with a stationary camera, so no tricks and no edits.

Undoubtedly, it was a painstaking process to come up with the moves and execute them properly. At some point a few of the boys jump onto the handlebars of the treadmills and jump off violently. I have half a demented mind to show this to schoolchildren, just to see what hilarious pratfalls ensue. Come on, dangerous exercise machinery + kids = funny!

Furthermore? The lead singer? Is. Smoking. Hot. Of course only I could fall for a Boston educated floppy haired skinny dude in a band. He's like Seth Cohen V2.0.

I am doomed to repeat myself over and over and over....
(it should be brought to all's attention that the not very hot guy lip synching in the video is NOT the singer. He is Tim, the bassist. Lead singer is Damien, the one in the red pants.)

Anyway, I have spent the better part of my (recently unemployed) day watching this video. And then watching it again. There is something calmly mesmerizing about 4 dudes wandering across the landscape of alternating treadmills in such a way as to make them look like they are swimming. Into my heart. And just when I couldn't stands no more...I went to YouTube and found their performance of the very same act LIVE at the MTV VMAs!

4 dudes, endangering life, limb, and certainly floppy hair, in front of P Diddy and the universe. I want to settle into a 5 way love nest, perpetually screaming "OK Go!!" as they bring me to whole nebulas of happiness.

This video may have unlocked the cold metal armoire that resides beneath my ribcage, encasing a dead stone formerly called a Heart.

Oh wait, Lindsay Lohan didn't get hit by a truck today?
< end happiness >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home